Four years ago, we made a commitment to become one of the most progressive, efficient and successful shelters in North America. We can say with great pride that we have made incredible achievements in advancing this commitment.
Some recent highlights:
The 2019-2020 fiscal year period saw your WHS continue with a series of key operational changes, which we believe are in the best interests of animals and are closely aligned with the expectations and wants of our supporters.
Some of these highlights include:
- The full implementation of the Capacity for Care model, which aims to reduce the length of stay for all animals in the shelter.
- A new approach to community support.
- More assistance to remote communities in Manitoba.
- A completely revamped curriculum-based humane education program.
- A significant increase in efforts to advocate on behalf of all animals, including farm animals, exotic pets and wildlife.
Our WHS reached its 125th anniversary last year, by helping as many animals as possible and by having difficult conversations when needed about the best way to do this. This was all done while also keeping the animal’s welfare as top priority.
Find out more about the countless ways you’ve helped with your donations, support, and love for the animals: