Volunteers at The Winnipeg Humane Society are special people who give their time to make a difference in the lives of homeless animals. Please explore our teams who support the work of the Winnipeg Humane Society. Consider joining our Volunteer crew by contributing in the assignments listed within each team.
STEP 1 – The Application
- Review our Volunteer Opportunities to determine what you may be interested in.
- Complete our volunteer application form
STEP 2 – The Interview
- Upon completion of your volunteer application you will receive an email with ability to book your interview with a volunteer services team member.
STEP 3 – The Orientation
- Once your interview has been completed you will be emailed upcoming volunteer orientation session dates and can book the one you wish to attend.
STEP 4 –Checks & Training
- Some volunteer assignments within our facility require a Criminal Record Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. These will need to be completed at this time and returned prior to beginning your training.
- The WHS provides volunteers training free of charge to ensure you have a good understanding of the tasks and responsibilities associated with your role and to better understand our shelter policies.
STEP 5 – First Shift
- We will schedule your first day with a volunteer mentor who will work with you until you feel comfortable in your department position.