Who Qualifies for the Emergency Food Bank:
– Individuals experiencing financial hardship or crisis (including disasters e.g. flooding, fire, COVID-19)
– Individuals experiencing homelessness
– Individuals or household members homebound due to illness or disability
Request can be submitted through:
Preferred Method – Fill out the online Emergency Food Bank Application form or Email: email@example.com
Phone: 204-982-2021 Option 5 (Intake)
– All pet food is provided on an “as available” basis and free of charge, Supplement amount may vary depending on supply on hand
– WHS only supplies food for 1 week for 2 pets maximum per household
– Individuals will need to pickup food at the shelter, delivery is only available in special circumstances
Additional agencies offering pet food supplies
Human foods dogs CAN eat:
Animal protein like chicken, fish, beef, lamb and pork (avoid fat and skin), apples, bananas, blueberries, cantaloupe, broth, watermelon, zucchini, squash, salmon, lentils, garbanzo beans, cottage cheese, carrots, cheese, green beans, honey, kiwi, mango, oatmeal, bread, cooked rice and pasta, peanut butter, pears, pineapple, potatoes, pumpkin, rice, spinach, strawberries, sardines, kale, sweet potato, yogurt.
Human foods cats CAN eat:
Animal protein like chicken, beef, pork, eggs, fish and lamb, liver, cheese, asparagus, banana, beef, blueberries, broth, broccoli, oats, peas, pumpkin, turkey, yogurt, spinach, tuna, eggs, salmon, rice, corn, watermelon, carrots.
PLEASE LOOK AT THE ASPCA’S PEOPLE FOOD TO AVOID AND POISON CONTROL LIST (https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control), FOR A LIST OF FOOD TOXIC TO DOGS AND CATS.