Volunteers at The Winnipeg Humane Society are special people who give their time to make a difference in the lives of homeless animals.
Want to learn more about our volunteers? Visit our MVP page!
To volunteer for The Winnipeg Humane Society, you must be:
- 16 years of age or older
- Able to make a 6-month commitment to The WHS
- Able to work independently, and positively with other people
- Committed to the protection and care of animals
You must also have a valid email address to use our online scheduling system. Due to the nature of our organization, we cannot accommodate court-ordered community service placements or groups wanting to volunteer.
How to become a volunteer
Your first step is to attend a Volunteer Information Session, where you will learn about the many volunteer positions and time commitments, and take a tour of the shelter. Please check back for future information session dates. To register for a session, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and phone number, and confirm that you are 16 years of age or older.
Other volunteer opportunities
We also provide volunteer opportunities to:
- Agencies that have clients or individuals with special needs
- High school students looking for community service hours
- Post-high school students looking for experience for a veterinary career