STEP 1 – Check Vacancies
- Review our Volunteer Vacancies to determine what available positions we currently have.
STEP 2 – The Interview
- Upon completion of your volunteer application you will receive an email with ability to book your interview with a volunteer services team member.
STEP 3 – The Orientation
- Once your interview has been completed you will be emailed upcoming volunteer orientation session dates and can book the one you wish to attend.
STEP 4 –Checks & Training
- Some volunteer assignments within our facility require a Criminal Record Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse registry Check. The assignments requiring these checks are conditional on providing a current, original and successful check wihtin four (4) weeks of the start date. These checks are considered current if obtained in the last six (6) months.
- The WHS provides volunteers training free of charge to ensure you have a good understanding of the tasks and responsibilities associated with your role and to better understand our shelter policies.
STEP 5 – First Shift
- We will schedule your first day with a volunteer mentor who will work with you until you feel comfortable in your department position.