How do I apply?
Apply for the SNAP program by emailing SNAP@winnipeghumanesociety.ca.
If you live outside Winnipeg or would like to book an appointment for a dog or rabbit, please call the SNAP line at 204-888-7627.
Do I qualify?
SNAP is open to low income families and individuals. The program is based on:
– How many family members reside in the household (children included)
– The total gross earnings for spouses, partners, and/or guardians combined
– If the family is on Social Assistance they automatically qualify, but must provide their 6 digit case number.
You must bring your proof of income when you drop off your cat for surgery. Proof of income includes:
– Your most recent income tax receipt
– Notice of Assessment from last tax return
– The last three pay stubs for all spouses, partners and/or guardians earning income
– Your six digit Social Assistance number.
The qualifying income levels are:
– 1 person – <$25,000
– 2 people in the same home – <$32,000
– 3 people in the same home – <$39,000
– 4 people in the same home – <$46,000
– 5 people in the same home – <$52,000
– 6 people in the same home – <$58,000
– 7+ people in the same home – <$63,000.
Your cat must be at least four months old and weigh at least 2.2 pounds (1 kilogram).
You must reside in Winnipeg to book a SNAP appointment. If you live outside of Winnipeg, please call 204-888-7627 to book your appointment.
How else can I book an appointment?
– Phone: 204-888-7627 (please be patient, as the phone line receives a high frequency of calls)
– Visiting The WHS Clinic at 45 Hurst Way