The Winnipeg Humane Society offers a Pet First Aid Course on the following dates:
These four hour classes take place in our shelter multi-purpose classroom.
(Please leave your furry family member at home)
This “paws-on” course is designed to give pet lovers the necessary information that will help you respond to a life-threatening emergency involving your dog or cat. Every pet lover should learn these important skills:
- how to approach a sick or injured dog or cat
- safe restraint and transport
- recognition and assessment of an emergency involving your pet
- to give lifesaving rescue breathing and CPR to cats and dogs with practice on a mannequin used by veterinary schools
- choking, shock and severe bleeding
- how to handle common emergencies
- making a pet first aid kit and preparing for emergencies
- local contacts for pet welfare and emergencies
The cost of this course is $75 per person. This fee includes a pet first aid textbook. Space is limited, so pre-registration and payment in advance is required.