There are many ways to remember The Winnipeg Humane Society in your will. It doesn’t have to be a large amount—every dollar makes a difference.
- A specific sum of money
- Residue of an estate
- A percentage of the whole residue of the estate
- Property both real and personal ( this could be in the form of a house, cottage, care, jewelry or personal effects
- Life tenancy ( for example the bequest is payable only on the death of the individual who is receiving interest invested in a trust
- Stocks, bonds and mutual funds
Any bequest may be directed to a specific use, but it is preferable to make the gift a general one to ensure the monies received may be directed to the area of greatest need.
What you need to know
All that’s needed to leave a legacy gift is a few sentences. Here is some information that may be helpful:
- Our legal name is The Winnipeg Humane Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Our charitable registration number is 11964 7907 RR0002
- Our address is 45 Hurst Way, Winnipeg, MB, R3T 0R3
For help with will wording, or if you would like to notify us of your decision, click here.
Your will should be made in consultation with your lawyer and financial planner. This ensures that the document is legally binding, properly expresses your wishes and maximizes tax benefits to your estate.
For more information
Email our Planned Giving representative or call 204-982-2029