How does the program work?
This innovative program allows you to check out a medium or large breed dog for the weekend. You get the benefit of companionship and the dogs get some time away from the shelter and exposure to new adopters.
Bond with your new friend over a puppuccino, a hike or stroll through the park and be sure to document your adventures on social media using the hashtag #WHSstaycation. You can feel good knowing you’re directly helping a dog find their forever home by providing them with more exposure online and in the real world.
Rules, regulations & process
- Due to the high demand in this program, not all Staycation applications can be accommodated.
- Up to a total of six spots are available each weekend (please note: this is flexible over the holidays).
- Only medium and large breed dogs are available.
- Staycation spots are available for weekends only (Friday-Sunday), the WHS will find the right foster parent for the individual needs of the dog.
- Successful applicants will receive confirmation of their Staycation (all others will be placed on a wait list).
- If you have not been contacted by the WHS by 4 p.m. on the Thursday before your requested weekend, your application will unfortunately not be accommodated. We encourage you to apply for another weekend.
- Applicants must send a separate application form for each requested weekend date.
Give a dog a Staycation today!
To register for the program, please fill out the form below. We’ll use your answers to set you up with the perfect match.