Summer 2019 Kid Camps
Are you looking for the purr-fect camp for your little animals this Spring or Summer Break? Then look no more! The WHS is back with an all-new camp experience for your kid.
WHS camps give children a chance to learn about animals and responsible pet ownership. We provide a look into our shelter and show campers how we help animals here find new and happy homes. With age-appropriate crafts, games, workshops, guest appearances and presentations from local animal groups, and tons of fun activities, the WHS will help your child make the most of their time away from school. Support tomorrow’s humane leaders today with a variety of education youth programming. Kid Camps help children understand responsible pet care, animal safety, welfare, and empathy for our furry friends.
5-day camps = $189
4-day camps = $149 (August 6 – 9, 2019)
Summer Kid Camps Dates:
July 8 – 12, 2019
July 15 – 19, 2019
July 22 – 26, 2019
July 29 – August 2, 2019
August 6 – 9, 2019
August 12 – 16, 2019
August 19 – 23, 2019
August 26 – 30, 2019
When registering for camp online, please click on the BOOK NOW button below and head to the desired week of camp on the calendar provided. You can then choose to “SELECT” this week to register and will be prompted to follow the payment process.
Should you cancel your registration within one week of your camp date, no refund will be issued.
For cancellations with more than two weeks’ notice, you will receive a full refund, a $5 admin fee will be applied.
Pre-registration is required – we are limited to 50 children per day.
Kid Camps Details
- Interact with our rescue animals
- Behind the scenes shelter tours
- Brand new crafts and exciting games
- Educational opportunities for tomorrow’s humane leaders
- Special guest presentations
- Inspire a life-long love of animals
- WHS Kid Camps are for children aged 6 to 13
- Camp runs from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Camper supervision provided from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Campers need to wear comfortable, practical clothes and enclosed shoes
- Remember to bring a bagged lunch, snacks and a beverage (Kid Camps are nut-free)
Please note that our day camp programs are geared to children who are able to participate in group activities. We are not equipped to provide one-to-one supervision for children and may not be able to accommodate children with challenging special needs or behavioural issues.