Birthdays are the cat’s meow at The WHS!
Come spend your special day at The Winnipeg Humane Society. Our staff and volunteers will make your birthday bash as memorable as possible with interaction with pets, a shelter tour and more. And of course, we can’t leave out the real ‘party animals’. Everyone at the party will get a chance to meet and learn about some of our very special shelter animals, including how we care for them, and how we try and find them homes.
- Birthday parties are for children aged 6-12
- Exclusive use of our party room for two hours
- Set up and clean up by The WHS
- Provision of all the party necessities: a cake knife and server, tablecloths, reusable plates, napkins, cups, a pizza slicer and utensils
- An orientation and shelter tour
- A safe, supervised opportunity to interact with WHS animals
- The standard birthday program accommodates up to 8 kids, including birthday child and siblings.
- Additional children can be accommodated for $10 per child, up to a maximum of 12 kids.
Please keep in mind that if the birthday family includes younger children, they are welcome to join the party. Otherwise, we ask that children in the same year or grade as the birthday child attend.
Rates and extras
- Standard program price: $175
- Additional children (over and above the maximum of 8 kids):
- $10 for each additional guest (maximum of 12 kids, total)
- Should you cancel your party within two weeks of your party date, no refund will be issued.
- For cancellations with more than two weeks notice, you will receive a full refund, less a $5 admin fee that will be applied.
We accept Visa or MasterCard.
What to bring
Not much! At The WHS we take care of almost everything so you can relax and enjoy the party. However, you have the option of bringing:
- A birthday cake
- Food or snacks for your guests (ask about our partnership with Domino’s Pizza, 1683 Corydon Ave.)
- Gifts (time is set aside for gift opening)
WHS programs are nut safe, so please leave any nuts or nut-related products at home.
Book and pay for your party online. A member of The WHS Education Team will contact you to confirm details and to answer any questions.
It is important to book your party at least 6-8 weeks in advance, as our schedule fills up very quickly. All details must be completed and confirmed at least one week prior to your party, so make sure you book several weeks in advance to avoid last-minute preparations.
Need more info?
Contact The WHS Education Team at 204-982-2046 or email us.