Currently offering shelter birthday parties, max 10 ppl!
Due to COVID-19, the WHS knows how difficult it can be to celebrate your birthday during this time, so we’ve decided to host open up our in-shelter birthday parties again with a maximum capacity of 10 people! You will have a chance to learn more about the WHS, meet one of our special dog ambassadors, ask any questions you may have to one of our WHS staff members, and play a fun game with everyone.
What does a birthday party look like now? Our WHS birthday parties will begin with an explanation on what the WHS does, a time for Q & A, food/cake (should you book an Amped Up or Deluxe Birthday Party), an animal themed game/activity, and a visit from one of our special dogs! What has changed? Due to our capacity limitations and infection control protocols, we have limited our birthday parties to 10 people max (this includes parents/guardians). We are also unable to provide a full shelter tour and ask that guests refrain from bringing in any outside food or beverages.
How far in advance do we need to book? Two weeks in advance would be ideal.
What days and times are birthday parties being hosted at the WHS? We are looking to host birthday parties every Saturday and Sunday from 1:00 – 3:00PM and again from 4:00 – 6:00PM.
How do I book? Please click on our “BOOK NOW” button below to find an available date and time to celebrate your birthday party!
Come spend your special day at the Winnipeg Humane Society.
Our staff and volunteers will make your birthday bash as memorable as possible with animal interactions, games, and more.
Everyone at the party will get a chance to meet and learn about some of our very special shelter animals, including how we care for them, and how we try and find them fur-ever homes!
Birthday Party Options:
|PACKAGE DETAILS||Original Birthday Package $175||Amped Up Birthday Package $250||Deluxe Birthday Party Package $325|
|Hosted by WHS Staff & Volunteer||Included||Included||Included|
|Decorations incl. banners, signage, streamers||Included||Included||Included|
|Plates, cups, cutlery||Included||Included||Included|
|Thank-you card, group photo, WHS discount||Included||Included||Included|
|Birthday Cake*, Pizza*, Snacks & Refreshments||N/A||Included||Included|
|Honourable Birthday Individual Gift||N/A||N/A||Included|
|WHS Gift bags for guests||N/A||N/A||Included|
|WHS icebreakers & activities||N/A||N/A||Included|
*All interactions are subject to the shelter having suitable animals that have been cleared by our Behavior team, we cannot guarantee that we will have multiple suitable animals for all birthdays.
*The delicious Birthday cakes (and/or cupcakes) are ordered directly from Callie K. Cupcakes and are nut-free and vegan. Option to choose from Vanilla or Chocolate.
*Pizza is ordered directly from A Little Pizza Heaven. Options available for vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free.
- All birthday party bookings are scheduled for 2 hours in length. We ask that you arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to your birthday party beginning.
- All guests will need to access the shelter through the Education Doors located closest to the parking lot, a staff member will be available to help you gain entry.
- We can accommodate ages 5 and up.
- Should you cancel your party within two weeks of your party date, no refund will be issued.
- For cancellations with more than two weeks’ notice, you will receive a full refund, less a $5 admin fee that will be applied.
- At this time, we are only accepting credit card payment that must be made through our online booking platform.
- The WHS will provide all the party necessities: a cake knife and server, tablecloths, reusable plates, napkins, cups, a pizza slicer and utensils. Only the WHS staff will be able to handle and serve food.
It is important to book your party at least 6-8 weeks in advance, as our schedule fills up very quickly. All details must be completed and confirmed at least one week prior to your party, so make sure you book several weeks in advance to avoid last-minute preparations.
At the Winnipeg Humane Society, we know that the unprecedented global pandemic we are facing is challenging. We are staying informed on the latest advisories made by relevant government and health agencies. These include the Manitoba Government, Manitoba Health, and the World Health Organization.
We have created several procedures for the re-opening of our birthday parties to ensure all guests stay healthy and happy during their special time!
Sanitizing & Disinfecting
- At the beginning of every party, the WHS staff will discuss our expectations and protocols with the party guests.
- We will be implementing hand washing/sanitizing breaks after any activity, game, craft, or bathroom break.
- All staff will have Hand Sanitizer on their person for every child’s use.
- Staff will disinfectant before and after use of any surface such as tables, chairs, floor mats, balls, pencils/markers/crayons, etc. using disinfectant sprays or wipes of 60% or more.
- There will always be a designated staff that will look to disinfect all doorway handles, light switches, faucets & sinks, microwave, and all office surfaces (desks, keyboard, mouse, telephones, shelves, etc.) every morning and at the end of every day.
Limiting the Spread
- At the beginning of every party, children will be taught how to cover their cough with the inside of the elbow.
- Children will be instructed to not touch their faces, if they do so they will need to wash or sanitize their hands again.
- We will be limiting the games where children are required to come in to close contact with one another.
Maintaining a Safe Environment
- Guests are asked to not come to the WHS if they had a fever in the last 24 hours.
- We will carefully monitor all guests. Anyone who displays symptoms such as coughing and shortage of breath, seems sluggish, or is complaining that they do not feel well, will be asked to leave the facility.
- Social distancing measures will be put in place for all individuals entering the shelter. For scenarios requiring one on one interaction or where social distancing is not possible, our staff/volunteers will be required to wear fabric masks and all sanitizing protocols will remain in place.
We are staying informed on the latest advisories and recommendations made by relevant government and health agencies. Should anything change we will be sure to make this announcement on our social media.
- Saturdays: 1:00 – 3:00PM, 4:00 – 6:00PM
- Sundays: 1:00 – 3:00PM, 4:00 – 6:00PM
Note: Please keep in mind that we will be enforcing social distancing protocols for every party. Should your group all reside within the same household, please advise our staff so that we may allow for relaxed measures with your group.
Interested in making a WHS invitation to send out to all of your guests?
Need more info?
Contact The WHS Education Team at 204-982-2046 or email us.