45 Hurst Way
Winnipeg, MB R3T 0R3
This “paws-on” course is designed to give you the necessary information you need to respond to a life-threatening emergency involving your dog or cat. Every pet lover should know the following:
- How to approach a sick or injured dog or cat
- Safe restraint and transport
- Recognition and assessment of an emergency involving your pet
- Rescue breathing and CPR for cats and dogs (with practice on a mannequin used by veterinary schools)
- Responding to choking, shock and severe bleeding
- How to handle common emergencies
- Making a pet first aid kit and preparing for emergencies
- Local contacts for pet welfare and emergencies
These single evening classes take place in our shelter multi-purpose classroom.
Fee: $65 per person
This fee includes a pet first aid textbook. Pet First Aid Kits can be purchased for $34.95.
Please note: Registration and payment for this class must be made online using the “Book a Workshop” button below.