Birthdays are the cat’s meow at the WHS!
Come spend your special day at the Winnipeg Humane Society. Our staff and volunteers will make your birthday bash as memorable as possible with animal interactions, a shelter tour, and more.
Everyone at the party will get a chance to meet and learn about some of our very special shelter animals, including how we care for them, and how we try and find them fur-ever homes!
- Birthday parties are available for ages 5+
- Exclusive use of our party room for two hours
- An orientation and shelter tour
- A safe, supervised opportunity to interact with WHS animals
- Set up and clean up by the WHS
- Provision of all the party necessities: a cake knife and server, tablecloths, reusable plates, napkins, cups, a pizza slicer and utensils
- Note: The WHS does not provide snacks or refreshments, but feel free to bring in your own cake and snacks! We also have a partnership with Domino’s Pizza (Corydon Ave.), contact us for more information on our special discount!
Interested in making a WHS invitation to send out to all of your guests?
- The standard birthday program accommodates up to 10 people, including birthday child and siblings.
- Additional children can be accommodated for $10 per person, up to a maximum of 20 guests.
Please keep in mind that if the birthday family includes younger children, they are welcome to join the party. Otherwise, we ask that children in the same year or grade as the birthday child attend.
Rates and extras
- Standard program price: $175
- Additional guests (over and above the standard amount of 10 guests):
- $10 for each additional guest (maximum of 20 guests, total)
- Should you cancel your party within two weeks of your party date, no refund will be issued.
- For cancellations with more than two weeks notice, you will receive a full refund, less a $5 admin fee that will be applied.
- We accept cash, cheque, or credit card. Credit card payments can be made online, all other payments can be made at the WHS (45 Hurst Way).
What to bring
Not much! At the WHS we take care of almost everything, so you can relax and enjoy the party. However, you have the option of bringing:
- A birthday cake
- Food or snacks for your guests (ask about our partnership with Domino’s Pizza, 1683 Corydon Ave.)
- Note: WHS programs are nut-free, so please leave any nuts or nut-related products at home.
- Gifts (time is set aside for gift opening)
- Any special decorations you would like to bring along.
WHS programs are nut safe, so please leave any nuts or nut-related products at home.
We are experiencing some technical difficulties with our Birthday Party Bookings and hope to have it up and running shortly. In the meantime, should you wish to book a party please call our Education Team at 204.982.2046 or email us directly at email@example.com
It is important to book your party at least 6-8 weeks in advance, as our schedule fills up very quickly. All details must be completed and confirmed at least one week prior to your party, so make sure you book several weeks in advance to avoid last-minute preparations.
Need more info?
Contact The WHS Education Team at 204-982-2046 or email us.