Birthdays are the cat’s meow at The WHS!
Come spend your special day at The Winnipeg Humane Society. Our staff and volunteers will make your birthday bash as memorable as possible with interaction with pets, a shelter tour and more. And of course, we can’t leave out the real ‘party animals’. Everyone at the party will get a chance to meet and learn about some of our very special shelter animals, including how we care for them, and how we try and find them homes.
- Exclusive use of our party room for two hours
- Set up and clean up by The WHS
- Provision of all the party necessities: a cake knife and server, tablecloths, reusable plates, napkins, cups, a pizza slicer and utensils
- A group safety orientation and shelter tour
- A safe, supervised opportunity to interact with WHS animals
Since our parties involve direct interaction with animals, we can only accommodate a certain number of guests.
- When the birthday child and guests are between three and six years old, we can accommodate a maximum of eight children.
- When the birthday child and guests are seven and over, we can accommodate twelve children.
Please keep in mind that if the birthday family includes younger children, they are welcome to join the party. Otherwise, we ask that children in the same year or grade as the birthday child attend.
Rates and extras
- Standard program price: $150
- Additional children (over and above the maximum of eight or twelve depending on the age group):
- $10 for the first
- $5 for each additional guest
- We require a 50% deposit to guarantee a booking. Should you cancel your party within two weeks of your party date, your deposit will be forfeited.
We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
What to bring
Not much! At The WHS we take care of almost everything so you can relax and enjoy the party. However, you have the option of bringing:
- A birthday cake
- Food or snacks for your guests (ask about our partnership with Domino’s Pizza)
- Gifts (time is set aside for gift opening)
WHS programs are nut safe, so please leave any nuts or nut-related products at home.
This is a booking request form only. Your booking will only be confirmed once a member of The WHS Education Team has contacted you, details are confirmed and a payment made.
It is important to book your party at least 6-8 weeks in advance, as our schedule fills up very quickly. All details must be completed and confirmed at least one week prior to your party, so make sure you book several weeks in advance to avoid last-minute preparations.
Need more info?
Contact The WHS Education Team at 204-982-2046 or email us.