In 2015, The WHS took in 8,832 animals. Over 8,000 stories and 8,000 lives, each one touching us and bringing forth our compassion and inspiration.
Some of what we accomplished this year:
We took in 8,832 animals in 2014:
- 6,044 cats
- 1,835 dogs
- 956 other animals, including wildlife and small critters
The Winnipeg Humane Society helped 4,607 animals find their forever homes in 2015. In fact, 2015 was our most successful year to date: 1,407 animals were adopted from off-site satellite adoption locations, up 54 per cent from last year.
Thanks to your support, 2015 was a banner year for our education programs, which teach children the value of responsible pet ownership at a young age. Just look at the numbers:
- 193 school presentations
- 3,860 children reached through school presentations
- 173 birthday parties held at The WHS
- 2,500 children reached through birthday parties
The WHS could not function without our more than 700 volunteers who put in LOT of hours this year:
- 42,599 hours completed by volunteers in 2015, worth a total of $459,349.58
Find out more about the countless ways you’ve helped with your donations, support, and love for the animals: